Mom is fininshing up her day. She is worn out. She has made breakfast, made lunches, car-pooled, gone to work, attended a baseball game, done two loads of laundry, walked the dogs and made dinner. She is happy because the kids did the dishes without arguing. She sinks tiredly into a chair. You tell her how much you appriciate all she does. She smiles dismissively. You tell her that she deserves a vacation. She chuckles, agreeing. You say you have booked a Mother's Day Vacation at Cabo Pulmo Beach Resort
in Baja Mexico. Of course at first she thinks it a joke, but when she finally realizes what you have done for her she can't help but shed a tear of pure happiness! She jumps up, hugging you and dancing with joy! A VACATION?!! It's exactly what she wanted! You are a hero. Nice Work!
Cabo Pulmo Beach Resort wants to help you make this the best Mother's Day ever. We are offering 20% off our lodging
! Call us now and make your reservation your our Mother's Day Special.
A Mother's Day Special
Cabo Pulmo Beach Resort is offering 20% Off of lodging for Mother's Day!
Reward a Mom with a relaxing and fun stay in one of our fabuolous Bungalows!
Now is a perfect to visit Baja Mexico. At our resort you can enjoy:
Call us now and make your reservation! We can't to see you!
- "The complexity of the life pattern on Pulmo Reef was even greater than at Cabo San Lucas. Clinging to the coral, growing on it, burrowing into it, was a teeming fauna. Every piece of the soft material broken off, skittered and pulsed with life, little crabs and worms and snails. One small piece of coral might conceal 30 or 40 species, and the colors on the reef were electric.”
- -John Steinbeck,'The Log from the Sea of Cortez'.
- Cabo Pulmo National Park was protected in 1995 to safeguard the largest coral reef in the Gulf of California. The area is home to an amazing reef system and is crucial to the feeding and breeding of an estimated 6000 species. The reef is the northern-most coral reef in the eastern Pacific and is one of only three coral reefs on the west coast of North America.
- After Mexican President Zedillo declared the National Marine Park, the people of Cabo Pulmo organized a conservation group to promote the conservation of the natural resources of the park.
- The health of the reef is of utmost importance to the people of Cabo Pulmo. They were instrumental in getting the park established. The Cabo Pulmo villagers continue to advocate for their waters. All fishing has been banned on the reef, making it a no-take marine reserve. Their vision of bringing the fish back has exceed the expectations of nearly everyone. Marine life, from 1999 to 2009, has increased by 460%. Unprecedented.
- Cabo Pulmo's reef is now the only healthy reef left in the Gulf of California. It continues to attract divers from around the world. And fishermen, too, as the waters surrounding the park are filled with spillover fish from themarine reserve. The economy and and well being of the Cabo Pulmo village is also striving. As the saying goes...It takes a village.
Cabo Pulmo has the only living coral reefs in Baja Mexico. The eight fingers of Cabo Pulmo's living coral reef provide a safe haven for over 800 species of marine life in the Sea of Cortez. Each reef finger successively gets deeper than the last. The reef protects the shoreline from big, and sometimes dangerous, waves and surf that is more common on the tip of Baja around Cabo San Lucas.
The reef protected waters of Cabo Pulmo are tranquil and safe. Free of undertows and rip tides, Cabo Pulmo is a safe place for swimming.
To read more on The Reef, please see the following:
Cabo Pulmo National Park
Cabo Pulmo Beach Resort -
Cabo Pulmo - Baja Mexico
5 Reason to Visit Cabo Pulmo
- Weather: In April the average daily temperature in Cabo Pulmo is 79-84. Year round the average temp is 78.
- Cabo Pulmo National Marine Park: Home to over 6000 species and one of only three coral reefs on the west coast of North America. As Jaques Cousteau described it....."The Aquarium of the World"
- Scuba Diving: Not only does Cabo Pulmo Beach Resort have a Padi 5 Star Dive Center, we also have giant fish and LOTS of them! Diving "The Aquarium of the World" is an experience of a lifetime.
- Local Hospitality: Cabo Pulmo is a quiet village that has no salesmen or trinket sales on the beaches to bother you. You can walk for miles on the beach and not see anyone at times, but those you do run into are happy friendly locals.
- Relaxing: Cabo Pulmo is not a true resort that is measured by STARS but rather a loose little rustic getaway that is comfortable but off-the-grid. The people that enjoy Cabo Pulmo have a respect for the tranquility as well as the remoteness which gives many a chance to see life the way that "old Mexico" was. Without any hustle & bustle and constant bombardment of time share salesmen and trinket people, the guests that come to Cabo Pulmo truly unwind from their normal daily stress.
Cabo Pulmo is a beautiful place to visit. We hope to see you soon.
We recently had an inquary of "How do I get to Cabo Pulmo?"
It made us realize that we should have some maps on our website. And, we should write a blog with information on getting to world famous Cabo Pulmo Baja, Mexico!
Where is Los Cabos and Cabo Pulmo?
Cabo Pulmo is located on the Sea of Cortez at the south eastern tip of the Baja Peninsula in the State of Baja California Sur. Cabo Pulmo is approximately 1,000 miles south of San Diego, California, On the Tropic of Cancer at a latitude of 23.5 degrees. Cabo Pulmo is approximately 60 miles northeast of the Los Cabos International Airport.
What airportdo I fly into?
San Jose Del Cabo, airport code is SJD.
How do we get to Los Cabos?
Los Cabos is accessible by air from most major cities in the United States and Mexico. The flying time from Los Angeles and San Diego is approximately 2 hours. By land, Cabo is accessible via Highway 1, which runs the entire length of Baja California from the US border.
Do you offer transportation to get to Cabo Pulmo?
The two most popular ways to get to Cabo Pulmo are with a rental car or with a private transportation service. Rental cars will run about $40 per day and give you greater flexibility to see the surrounding areas. A transportation van will cost about $160 each way and that doesn't matter if there is one person or 10 people in the van, it is a flat fee.
Can we hire a private transportation van?
Private transportation is available throughreservations@Transcabo.com . Rates for an entire van costs about $160 each way. For four people that translates to about $40 per person each way.
What if we want to rent a car?
From the airport, rental cars are readily available at the airport and rates begin at about $20 per day. Insurance is highly recommended. Rental cars provide the greatest flexibility if you are planning on exploring areas outside of Cabo Pulmo. But they may be more expensive after insurance and gas.
What are the directions to Cabo Pulmo?
There are two ways to get to Cabo Pulmo. From the airport (SJD) we recommend that you follow Highway 1 North, that way you will only encounter about 6 miles of dirt road. From Los Cabos Airport (SJD) travel North on Highway 1 past Caduano, Mira Flores, and Santiago turnoffs. Once you approach a small village called Las Cuevas you will find a right turn to La Ribera / Cabo Pulmo (if you cross a long bridge you went too far). Follow the road to La Ribera and turn right just prior to entering La Ribera. You will see the Cabo Pulmo turnoff. Follow the Cabo Pulmo road south until the pavement ends. Continue another 6 miles on the dirt road until you reach the village of Cabo Pulmo. Prior to Cabo Pulmo you will see some signs promoting Cabo Pulmo information, continue past this village, Cabo Pulmo is the next bay. You will know you are in Cabo Pulmo when you see Tito's restaurant, El Caballero restaurant, and the Cabo Pulmo Dive Center which is a two-story blue building.
Do we need a four-wheel drive to get to Cabo Pulmo?
No. Occasionally, following torrential rains and hurricanes the roads can get washed out and a truck or four-wheel drive would be helpful. This typically happens during the months of August and September, but can happen as early as July or as late as October.
Come visit Cabo Pulmo Beach Resort. We would love to see you!
Read for a Mexico Holiday? Come stay in our famous bungalows and enjoy diving, snorkeling, hiking, mountain biking and relaxing.
Take a look at our beautiful and comfortable beach accomidations. (Click for more info)
Here is a little more information on staying at Cabo Pulmo Beach Resort:
Rental Houses in Cabo Pulmo
Be careful that you don't over pack as dress is very casual in Cabo Pulmo. In addition to your personal clothing and toiletries bring:
- Beach towels
- Sun hat
- Sunblock or sunscreen
- Sandals or water shoes
- Walking or hiking shoes
- Flashlight and batteries (important)
- Sweater or light jacket
- Insect repellent (important)
- Don't forget your camera.
- Coffee beans if you like gourmet coffee.
- Extra cash (don’t be shy here, many people run out) 10% fee for cash advances.
Although the following items are not necessary, they can make your stay more enjoyable and are not readily available for rent in Cabo Pulmo.
- Life jackets for small children. We have them now. Beach chairs. We have them now.
- Beach umbrellas (we have rentals)
- Sand toys. Inflatable rafts and toys.
- Beach bags
- Ice coolers (personal igloos are great)
Do we need to bring our own food?
There are several restaurants in Cabo Pulmo, but if you wish to cook for yourself, each house has a well equipped kitchen with all of the supplies needed to cook. Each house has a mid- sized propane refrigerator that will keep your food cool. If you like cold drinks bring ice and maybe a good cooler for the beer. The propane refrigerators are not like your electric one at home! Otherwise, you can purchase beer and sodas at the local restaurants.
Are there restaurants in Cabo Pulmo?
Yes, there are four restaurants in Cabo Pulmo. The new restaurant is called “The Coral Reef” it has great food and a great chef upstairs from the reception/dive center. Tito's serves excellent seafood but has inconsistent operating hours. El Caballero serves good Mexican food and has very consistent operating hours, usually opening around 8 AM and closing at 10 PM. Nancy's restaurant is pricey but serves more gourmet type meals. La Palapa is a beach front taco stand that serves tacos and beer. All of the restaurants serve beer and a few serve alcoholic beverages.
Is there electricity in Cabo Pulmo?
Yes, each house is equipped with a solar system that charges its batteries. You must be very conscientious of your electrical usage especially on cloudy days. Once the batteries are emptied there is no way to recharge them except waiting for the solar power to charge the batteries the next day. So be careful in the day that there is no power turned on. Do not bringing any electrical appliances with you. However, some customers have large battery chargers for their underwater photo equipment, we like to ask them to charge them in the dive center where we have more power.
Is the water safe to drink?
The water supply for all of Los Cabos is spring fed ground water. The water here is very pure, but be careful. The pipes used for distribution of the water supply and other factors can lead to contamination. The well servicing this small community in Cabo Pulmo supplies reliably good, sweet water, piped underground to each house. A lot of people drink it right from the tap. Although many people drink the water directly from the tap, it is not recommended. Anywhere in the world a change in drinking water can cause stomach distress. We recommend that you drink only bottled or purified water. It is sold here at the Coral Reef restaurant bar upstairs. Or you can get a whole 5 gallon bottle at the caballero restaurant.
Are there telephones in the rental houses?
No. This is why you are coming to Cabo Pulmo. To get away from that phone! We do have a Radio-telephone available for $5 dollars per call and 1 dollar a minute for long distance. Email is not available.
Are there televisions, VCRs, or stereos in the houses?
No. You are forced to communicate with your companion. Yikes!
Is there air-conditioning in the houses?
Yes. We do have A/C in 3 units only for the hottest months of the year. Normally you will be fine with just the fans. Fans are included in each rental house. In cases of extreme heat we have places in Cabo Pulmo with air-conditioning and cooler areas.
How far from the beach are your rentals?
It just depends on what house you are staying at. We have beach front where you walk out of your room and be on miles of sandy beaches. Ocean view is having a view of the ocean from your room, not beach front. Walking distance to the beach is always 2 minutes or less. If you need more privacy and open space, we will put you farther from the water.
Cabo Pulmo Beach Resort
Vacation To Mexico
It's time for Spring Break, friends! You are probably as excited for a sunny spring break vacation as we are to see you!
Spring weather in Cabo Pulmo is AMAZING! Spring is Peak Season in Southern Baja. Fishing and diving are excellent! The weather is temperate and perhaps the best we see all year, not too hot and not too cool, and usually calm. Daytime air temps average between mid 70's and mid 80's, nighttime temps in the high 60's and low 70's, water temps average from low to high 70's.
Cabo Pulmo is located on the Tropic of Cancer, in the tropics. The landscape is desert-like, relatively dry similar to Southern California during most of the year. The climate is sunny and it's never cold. The area is arid with over 300 days of sunshine. Average annual rainfall is 5-10 inches (12.7-25.4cm), mostly occurring during the months of September and October.
The average year-round temperature is 78F.
Dive and Stay
You can Dive and Stay right here at Cabo Pulmo Beach Resort. We are a Padi 5 Star Dive Center and we have Baja's best diving and snorkeling. We are also very proud to offer exceptional customer service.
We have the perfect place to stay for your vacation get-away! From the Beach House to the Casitas to the Bungalows. We offer a variety of different sized bungalows, with or without air con, and casitas to suit just about any sized group. From our large beach house that comfortably accommodates up to nine people to our quaint bed & bath bungalows fit for two, we've got the place for you!
Cabo Pulmo Reef is the northern most living reef in Eastern Pacific ocean. The reef is home to 6000 species. Marine life has increased by an unprecedented 460% in the last decade, truly amazing to experience for yourself!
Get more information on our diving and Dive Sites here.
If you are ready to soak up some sun and bury your toes in the sand, you need to give us a call!
Cabo Pulmo is offering a great deal!
Book a diving or snorkeling trip with us and from the 3rd day on receive 15% off of lodging and activities! Take advantage of this offer for President's weekend or Spring Break. Or, just escape the winter and dive the clear blue waters of Baja Mexico.
Cabo Pulmo Beach Resort offers comfortable accommodations, delicious meals, world class diving and many more fun activities.
Call us to day to book your adventure, banish the winter blues and save money!